Preservation Cycle is owned and operated by Steve Adkins, a Norton enthusiast and mechanic for over twenty years.
During his stint as senior mechanic of Big D Cycle in Dallas Tx. He was involved in projects including:
Building and tuning the speed record holding production pushrod 750cc Norton twin ridden by Randy Johnson at the Bonneville Speedway.
- Building the engine and transmission for the restored Sam Wheeler Norton streamliner.
- Building of the engines for the restored double engine Denis Manning Gulf Streamliner.
- Engine rebuilds of makes including Norton, Triumph (Both vintage and modern), BSA, Matchless, Vincent, Brough-Superior, AJS and others.
- Full restoration and custom builds of numerous Nortons from early singles to electric start Commandos.
- Custom tuning and engine building for numerous projects.